Sunday, March 20, 2005

Bearing gifts to Cardinal Schoborn

Happy Palm Sunday everyone! I just returned from a beautiful Mass at our local parish St. Othmar on this wonderfully sunny day. Did you know that they do not use palm branches here but pussy willows instead? Quite an interesting cultural difference. I guess they have as hard of a time finding palm branches in Austria as they do in Kansas.

I would like to share about the day I had yesterday. Can I tell you about it? First, my household sister Polly came to visit from Gaming and we had such a great time. She is a faithful, joyful sister. Then, my 2 new friends who are actually from Nicaragua (17 and 20 yrs. old) came over to spend the night. These girls have had a difficult life and yet their faith is just soooo strong. God is good. Then, I went to Stephendom (famous Church in Vienna) for a youth Mass. To my surprise, the Mass was not going to start until after we had Praise and worship and a 2 hour-long procession through the streets of Vienna with a Cross and lots of singing. It was amazing (oh...and this procession was led by Cardinal Schoborn!). We even endured persecution during this walk...no surprise in the secular society. To top it all off, I was honored and unworthy to carry the water and wine during the offertory and place it in the lap of the Cardinal while receiving a blessing. I thought I was bowing before our Holy Father John Paul II. What a day! God never ceases to surprise me with His unconditional love in Austria.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home